Four TDP MPs gherao Shinde, demand inclusion of all stakeholders in Telangana GoM
New Delhi: Four TDP MPs on Saturday gheraoed Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde outside his North Block office and demanded inclusion in the GoM on Telangana of representatives from the joint action committee (JAC) protesting against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
N Kristappa, N Siva Prasad, K Narayan Rao and M Venugopal Reddy the four MPs gheraoed Shinde as he was entering North Block to chair a second meeting of the Group of Minsters constituted to look into issues related to the bifurcation.
They said that the meeting should not be held unless the matter was first discussed with the agitating people of Seemandhra region in Andhra Pradesh.
There is no one in the GoM who clearly understands the grievances and demands of the Seemandhra people, the MPs told Shinde.
Shinde responded saying that the demand raised by them would be discussed at the meeting.
The Home Minister also countered their arguments, pointing out that TDP Chief Chandrababu Naidu had given in writing his party`s commitment to the separate Telangana demand.
Agitating in front of North Block, the TDP MPs waved placards which said "Save Andhra Pradesh".
Later, talking to reporters, Reddy demanded that the GoM should visit Andhra Pradesh to meet the people.
"Don`t take decisions sitting in air-conditioned rooms. You should come to Andhra Pradesh to understand the real situation there. We don`t want the meeting to be held here," he said.
The MPs stressed that representatives from the JACs from both the Telangana and Seemandhra regions should be included in the GoM. All stakeholders should be made part of the bifurcation discussions, they said.
Kristappa evaded a question as to whether TDP was supporting the bifurcation.
"We want justice for Andhra Pradesh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'