GAIL gas pipeline blast: AP Deputy CM distributes compensation money
Rajahmundry: Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister N Chinna Rajappa distributed more than Rs 1.45 crore worth of compensation on Sunday to victims of the gas pipeline blast at Nagaram village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
Rajappa said, Rs 1.45 crore was distributed to 21 family members of those killed and kin of 19 of those injured.
"Today gave cheques worth Rs 2 lakh received from the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund to family members of those kiled and Rs 50,000 to families of those injured.
Earlier, Gas Authority of India Ltd`s (GAIL) contribution Rs 20 lakh and Andhra Pradesh state government`s ex-gratia of Rs 3 lakh was paid.
A total of Rs 25 lakh has been paid to 21 deceased family members of the village, Rajappa said.
He said that families of those injured have demanded an increase in compensation to Rs 5 lakh.
The government has already increased compensation to coconut tress from Rs 4,000 to Rs 6,000 and some amount will also be paid to 2,000 coconut farmers who were affected.
He said that GAIL would compensate coconut cultivators and people whose houses were partially damaged in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman