GAIL initiates relief measures for victims, survivors of Andhra pipeline mishap
New Delhi: GAIL (India) Limited has initiated implementation of a slew of relief measures for the affected families and villagers of Nagaram following the tragic gas pipeline incident in which nineteen people lost their lives and several were injured.
The compensation of Rs. 20 lakhs per deceased and Rs. 50,000 to each of the 19 injured, totaling to Rs. 3.89 crore was handed over to the district administration on Monday. The disbursement of compensation to the individual eligible beneficiaries will begin today.
Parallely, pending the outcome of the enquiry set up both by the Government as well as the Company, two senior officials incharge of the regional operations and maintenance of the pipeline network have been suspended.
BC Tripathi, CMD, GAIL said, "GAIL (India) Limited deeply mourns the tragic loss of life and property in the unfortunate incident along the natural gas pipeline of the company at Tatipaka in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. Our ED (Human Resources),Amit Ray has been nominated as the nodal officer for coordinating the relief and rehabilitation measures and closely work with local authorities, Government and villagers."
GAIL has initiated several relief and rehabilitation measures in addition to the relief measures announced by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Petroleum and Natural Gas during his visit to the incident site along with the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
On the day of the incident, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had also announced compensation for the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read