GAIL initiates relief measures for victims, survivors of Andhra pipeline mishap
New Delhi: GAIL (India) Limited has initiated implementation of a slew of relief measures for the affected families and villagers of Nagaram following the tragic gas pipeline incident in which nineteen people lost their lives and several were injured.
The compensation of Rs. 20 lakhs per deceased and Rs. 50,000 to each of the 19 injured, totaling to Rs. 3.89 crore was handed over to the district administration on Monday. The disbursement of compensation to the individual eligible beneficiaries will begin today.
Parallely, pending the outcome of the enquiry set up both by the Government as well as the Company, two senior officials incharge of the regional operations and maintenance of the pipeline network have been suspended.
BC Tripathi, CMD, GAIL said, "GAIL (India) Limited deeply mourns the tragic loss of life and property in the unfortunate incident along the natural gas pipeline of the company at Tatipaka in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. Our ED (Human Resources),Amit Ray has been nominated as the nodal officer for coordinating the relief and rehabilitation measures and closely work with local authorities, Government and villagers."
GAIL has initiated several relief and rehabilitation measures in addition to the relief measures announced by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Petroleum and Natural Gas during his visit to the incident site along with the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
On the day of the incident, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had also announced compensation for the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers