Gas pipeline blast toll mounts to 21, says district collector
Rajahmundry: The death toll in the recent Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) pipeline blast at Nagaram village in East Godavari district touched 21, after one more person succumbed to his injuries in hospital, it was officially announced here on Wednesday.
"One person named K Venkataratnam (42) who was undergoing treatment in Kakinada Trust Hospital died today. With this, the total number of deaths in the gas pipeline blast has gone up to 21," District Collector Neetu Prasad said.
Six more people are under treatment at Kakinada Trust Hospital, she said, adding that the best medical care has been given to them, and doctors are monitoring their health.
The collector also visited different hospitals where injured people are admitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred