Gas pipeline blast toll mounts to 21, says district collector
Rajahmundry: The death toll in the recent Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) pipeline blast at Nagaram village in East Godavari district touched 21, after one more person succumbed to his injuries in hospital, it was officially announced here on Wednesday.
"One person named K Venkataratnam (42) who was undergoing treatment in Kakinada Trust Hospital died today. With this, the total number of deaths in the gas pipeline blast has gone up to 21," District Collector Neetu Prasad said.
Six more people are under treatment at Kakinada Trust Hospital, she said, adding that the best medical care has been given to them, and doctors are monitoring their health.
The collector also visited different hospitals where injured people are admitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened