Gas pipeline blast toll mounts to 21, says district collector
Rajahmundry: The death toll in the recent Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) pipeline blast at Nagaram village in East Godavari district touched 21, after one more person succumbed to his injuries in hospital, it was officially announced here on Wednesday.
"One person named K Venkataratnam (42) who was undergoing treatment in Kakinada Trust Hospital died today. With this, the total number of deaths in the gas pipeline blast has gone up to 21," District Collector Neetu Prasad said.
Six more people are under treatment at Kakinada Trust Hospital, she said, adding that the best medical care has been given to them, and doctors are monitoring their health.
The collector also visited different hospitals where injured people are admitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools