Gem studded gold idol of Lord Venkateswara found in hundi
Tirupati: A gem studded golden idol of Lord Venkateswara and small golden idols of goddess Lakshmi and Padmavathi were found in the hundi of Lord Venkateswara temple at nearby Tirumala.
It was for first time an idol of the Lord made of gold set with gems including diamonds was made as an offering in the hundi of the over 2000-year-old hill temple by a devotee, temple sources told PTI here.
The idol of Lord Venkateswara weighed 2.7 kgs while that of Lakshmi and Padmavathi weighed 101 and 81 grams respectively.
The total worth of the princely offering was estimated to be about Rs 1.25 crore, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'