Gem studded gold idol of Lord Venkateswara found in hundi
Tirupati: A gem studded golden idol of Lord Venkateswara and small golden idols of goddess Lakshmi and Padmavathi were found in the hundi of Lord Venkateswara temple at nearby Tirumala.
It was for first time an idol of the Lord made of gold set with gems including diamonds was made as an offering in the hundi of the over 2000-year-old hill temple by a devotee, temple sources told PTI here.
The idol of Lord Venkateswara weighed 2.7 kgs while that of Lakshmi and Padmavathi weighed 101 and 81 grams respectively.
The total worth of the princely offering was estimated to be about Rs 1.25 crore, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video