GHMC polls: Political parties asked to stop personal criticism
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh State Election
Commission today cautioned the political parties to refrain
from indulging in personal criticism during the ongoing
campaign for civic poll here.
It is seen from the newspapers that several leaders of
political parties are indulging in personal criticism based on
unverified facts during the electioneering in Greater
Hyderabad Municipal Corporation elections. Such personal
criticism triggers chain reaction and vitiates electioneering
which should be carried on in an atmosphere of restraint, it
said in a release.
Indulging in personal criticism amounts to violation of
model code of conduct for the election, the commission said.
The Election Commission solicits the cooperation of all
political parties in this regard and hereby also sends across
a message that any violation of the above provisions of the
Model Code of Conduct will be viewed seriously, the release
The GHMC election is scheduled to be held on November 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes