GHMC polls: Political parties asked to stop personal criticism
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh State Election
Commission today cautioned the political parties to refrain
from indulging in personal criticism during the ongoing
campaign for civic poll here.
It is seen from the newspapers that several leaders of
political parties are indulging in personal criticism based on
unverified facts during the electioneering in Greater
Hyderabad Municipal Corporation elections. Such personal
criticism triggers chain reaction and vitiates electioneering
which should be carried on in an atmosphere of restraint, it
said in a release.
Indulging in personal criticism amounts to violation of
model code of conduct for the election, the commission said.
The Election Commission solicits the cooperation of all
political parties in this regard and hereby also sends across
a message that any violation of the above provisions of the
Model Code of Conduct will be viewed seriously, the release
The GHMC election is scheduled to be held on November 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access
- Athletics: Long jump star Rutherford swaps spikes for dancing shoes