GHMC polls: Political parties asked to stop personal criticism
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh State Election
Commission today cautioned the political parties to refrain
from indulging in personal criticism during the ongoing
campaign for civic poll here.
It is seen from the newspapers that several leaders of
political parties are indulging in personal criticism based on
unverified facts during the electioneering in Greater
Hyderabad Municipal Corporation elections. Such personal
criticism triggers chain reaction and vitiates electioneering
which should be carried on in an atmosphere of restraint, it
said in a release.
Indulging in personal criticism amounts to violation of
model code of conduct for the election, the commission said.
The Election Commission solicits the cooperation of all
political parties in this regard and hereby also sends across
a message that any violation of the above provisions of the
Model Code of Conduct will be viewed seriously, the release
The GHMC election is scheduled to be held on November 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- APJ Abdul Kalam's look alike pays tribute to 'Missile Man' on first death anniversary
- Bus strike enters third day in Karnataka; schools remain shut
- Myanmar rebels hold rare meet as Suu Kyi yearns for peace
- 'Arrest Satyendar Jain', Kejriwal taunts after officer's complaint
- 31 killed in Syria bomb attacks