GHMC polls: Political parties asked to stop personal criticism
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh State Election
Commission today cautioned the political parties to refrain
from indulging in personal criticism during the ongoing
campaign for civic poll here.
It is seen from the newspapers that several leaders of
political parties are indulging in personal criticism based on
unverified facts during the electioneering in Greater
Hyderabad Municipal Corporation elections. Such personal
criticism triggers chain reaction and vitiates electioneering
which should be carried on in an atmosphere of restraint, it
said in a release.
Indulging in personal criticism amounts to violation of
model code of conduct for the election, the commission said.
The Election Commission solicits the cooperation of all
political parties in this regard and hereby also sends across
a message that any violation of the above provisions of the
Model Code of Conduct will be viewed seriously, the release
The GHMC election is scheduled to be held on November 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?