GHMC polls: Political parties asked to stop personal criticism
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh State Election
Commission today cautioned the political parties to refrain
from indulging in personal criticism during the ongoing
campaign for civic poll here.
It is seen from the newspapers that several leaders of
political parties are indulging in personal criticism based on
unverified facts during the electioneering in Greater
Hyderabad Municipal Corporation elections. Such personal
criticism triggers chain reaction and vitiates electioneering
which should be carried on in an atmosphere of restraint, it
said in a release.
Indulging in personal criticism amounts to violation of
model code of conduct for the election, the commission said.
The Election Commission solicits the cooperation of all
political parties in this regard and hereby also sends across
a message that any violation of the above provisions of the
Model Code of Conduct will be viewed seriously, the release
The GHMC election is scheduled to be held on November 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees