Girl found dead under suspicious circumstances in AP
Visakhapatnam: A 21-year-old girl was found dead under suspicious circumstances at an open place near Vambay Colony under PM Palem police station limits on the outskirts of the city.
The victim K Jayalakshmi first year BCom student of a local college was found dead at open place on Sunday.
The police identified the girl based on her books and identity card were found at the spot.
Jayalakshmi, a resident of Ootagedda near RB Beach road in the city informed her mother yesterday that she would go to college and return home in the evening, but she did not return last night.
Locals at Vambay colony area found a body near their colony and informed the police today.
The police suspect that the girl was strangled to death by unidentified culprits.
The police have registered a case of suspicious death and sent the body for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test