Girl found dead under suspicious circumstances in AP
Visakhapatnam: A 21-year-old girl was found dead under suspicious circumstances at an open place near Vambay Colony under PM Palem police station limits on the outskirts of the city.
The victim K Jayalakshmi first year BCom student of a local college was found dead at open place on Sunday.
The police identified the girl based on her books and identity card were found at the spot.
Jayalakshmi, a resident of Ootagedda near RB Beach road in the city informed her mother yesterday that she would go to college and return home in the evening, but she did not return last night.
Locals at Vambay colony area found a body near their colony and informed the police today.
The police suspect that the girl was strangled to death by unidentified culprits.
The police have registered a case of suspicious death and sent the body for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says