Girl found dead under suspicious circumstances in AP
Visakhapatnam: A 21-year-old girl was found dead under suspicious circumstances at an open place near Vambay Colony under PM Palem police station limits on the outskirts of the city.
The victim K Jayalakshmi first year BCom student of a local college was found dead at open place on Sunday.
The police identified the girl based on her books and identity card were found at the spot.
Jayalakshmi, a resident of Ootagedda near RB Beach road in the city informed her mother yesterday that she would go to college and return home in the evening, but she did not return last night.
Locals at Vambay colony area found a body near their colony and informed the police today.
The police suspect that the girl was strangled to death by unidentified culprits.
The police have registered a case of suspicious death and sent the body for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed