Girl injured as drunk man throws acid on her
Hyderabad: An eight-year-old girl suffered burn injuries after a man allegedly threw acid on her, while she was begging at Jagatgirigutta area of the city here on Friday, police said.
According to police, the accused Narasimha, was in a drunken state when the incident took place.
When the minor girl, who is dumb, came to Narasimha seeking alms, he threw acid on her, they said.
The girl, who sustained burn injuries on her back and legs in the incident, was taken to a nearby hospital, police said, adding, she was in a stable condition.
Following a complaint lodged by the girl`s relative, Jeedimetla Police took Narasimha into custody and booked a case under section 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea applies for bail, says her medical condition 'deteriorating'