Girls jump out of speeding autorickshaw to escape rape attempt
Visakhapatnam: Two girls jumped from a speeding autorickshaw to escape a rape attempt and one of them was severely injured at Paderu in the Vizag agency area today in the wee hours, police said.
The girls, both residents of G Madugula area in the district had gone to Paderu on Sunday evening to witness the local Sri Modakondamma festival which began on Sunday, they said.
The girls boarded a shared autorickshaw at Paderu today in the wee hours to go back to their home town.
After the vehicle went some distance, two boys, who were also travelling in the vehicle started misbehaving with the girls and allegedly sought sexual favours from them, they said, adding that the driver of the autorickshaw then took a U-turn, speeding in another direction, towards Chintalaveedhi.
Observing the vehicle speeding in the wrong direction and sensing danger, the girls jumped out of the vehicle and started screaming for help, they said.
Passers-by who noticed the girls jump from the vehicle tried to chase the autorickshaw, but in vain.
Sub-inspector Paderu Police station S Prasad said that one of the girls suffered head injuries, while the other escaped with bruises.
Police has registered cases under various sections and begun a search for the auto-driver and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog