Girls jump out of speeding autorickshaw to escape rape attempt
Visakhapatnam: Two girls jumped from a speeding autorickshaw to escape a rape attempt and one of them was severely injured at Paderu in the Vizag agency area today in the wee hours, police said.
The girls, both residents of G Madugula area in the district had gone to Paderu on Sunday evening to witness the local Sri Modakondamma festival which began on Sunday, they said.
The girls boarded a shared autorickshaw at Paderu today in the wee hours to go back to their home town.
After the vehicle went some distance, two boys, who were also travelling in the vehicle started misbehaving with the girls and allegedly sought sexual favours from them, they said, adding that the driver of the autorickshaw then took a U-turn, speeding in another direction, towards Chintalaveedhi.
Observing the vehicle speeding in the wrong direction and sensing danger, the girls jumped out of the vehicle and started screaming for help, they said.
Passers-by who noticed the girls jump from the vehicle tried to chase the autorickshaw, but in vain.
Sub-inspector Paderu Police station S Prasad said that one of the girls suffered head injuries, while the other escaped with bruises.
Police has registered cases under various sections and begun a search for the auto-driver and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read