Girls jump out of speeding autorickshaw to escape rape attempt
Visakhapatnam: Two girls jumped from a speeding autorickshaw to escape a rape attempt and one of them was severely injured at Paderu in the Vizag agency area today in the wee hours, police said.
The girls, both residents of G Madugula area in the district had gone to Paderu on Sunday evening to witness the local Sri Modakondamma festival which began on Sunday, they said.
The girls boarded a shared autorickshaw at Paderu today in the wee hours to go back to their home town.
After the vehicle went some distance, two boys, who were also travelling in the vehicle started misbehaving with the girls and allegedly sought sexual favours from them, they said, adding that the driver of the autorickshaw then took a U-turn, speeding in another direction, towards Chintalaveedhi.
Observing the vehicle speeding in the wrong direction and sensing danger, the girls jumped out of the vehicle and started screaming for help, they said.
Passers-by who noticed the girls jump from the vehicle tried to chase the autorickshaw, but in vain.
Sub-inspector Paderu Police station S Prasad said that one of the girls suffered head injuries, while the other escaped with bruises.
Police has registered cases under various sections and begun a search for the auto-driver and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?