Girls jump out of speeding autorickshaw to escape rape attempt
Visakhapatnam: Two girls jumped from a speeding autorickshaw to escape a rape attempt and one of them was severely injured at Paderu in the Vizag agency area today in the wee hours, police said.
The girls, both residents of G Madugula area in the district had gone to Paderu on Sunday evening to witness the local Sri Modakondamma festival which began on Sunday, they said.
The girls boarded a shared autorickshaw at Paderu today in the wee hours to go back to their home town.
After the vehicle went some distance, two boys, who were also travelling in the vehicle started misbehaving with the girls and allegedly sought sexual favours from them, they said, adding that the driver of the autorickshaw then took a U-turn, speeding in another direction, towards Chintalaveedhi.
Observing the vehicle speeding in the wrong direction and sensing danger, the girls jumped out of the vehicle and started screaming for help, they said.
Passers-by who noticed the girls jump from the vehicle tried to chase the autorickshaw, but in vain.
Sub-inspector Paderu Police station S Prasad said that one of the girls suffered head injuries, while the other escaped with bruises.
Police has registered cases under various sections and begun a search for the auto-driver and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday