Girls jump out of speeding autorickshaw to escape rape attempt
Visakhapatnam: Two girls jumped from a speeding autorickshaw to escape a rape attempt and one of them was severely injured at Paderu in the Vizag agency area today in the wee hours, police said.
The girls, both residents of G Madugula area in the district had gone to Paderu on Sunday evening to witness the local Sri Modakondamma festival which began on Sunday, they said.
The girls boarded a shared autorickshaw at Paderu today in the wee hours to go back to their home town.
After the vehicle went some distance, two boys, who were also travelling in the vehicle started misbehaving with the girls and allegedly sought sexual favours from them, they said, adding that the driver of the autorickshaw then took a U-turn, speeding in another direction, towards Chintalaveedhi.
Observing the vehicle speeding in the wrong direction and sensing danger, the girls jumped out of the vehicle and started screaming for help, they said.
Passers-by who noticed the girls jump from the vehicle tried to chase the autorickshaw, but in vain.
Sub-inspector Paderu Police station S Prasad said that one of the girls suffered head injuries, while the other escaped with bruises.
Police has registered cases under various sections and begun a search for the auto-driver and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown