Give Telangana state in a month: TRS to Centre
Hyderabad: The pro-Telangana agitation
should be continued with full steam to make the Centre accept
the separate statehood demand in a few months from now, TRS
President K Chandrasekhar Rao said on Thursday.
"Unity is our strength. We will definitely achieve
Telangana. Delhi must climb down and give Telangana in a month
or two," he asserted.
The former Union Minister was speaking after TDP MLA
Gampa Govardhan quit the party and joined the TRS in the
presence of Rao at the party office here.
Referring to people of coastal Andhra Pradesh and
Rayalaseema staking claim over Hyderabad, he said, "Hyderabad
is property of Telangana. Some Delhi elders are also
unnecessarily confused over this. We don`t accept Telangana
without Hyderabad. They (people of non-Telangana regions) can
stay in Hyderabad until a new capital is developed for them."
Launching a broadside against TDP chief N Chandrababu
Naidu, Rao claimed the main Opposition party has been rejected
in Telangana as he betrayed the people of the region.
After pledging support to the Telangana cause, Naidu
took a U-turn and betrayed the people of the region, the TRS
The TDP MLAs, who had quit their posts yesterday in
support of Telangana demand, should make Naidu give a letter
to the Centre in support of Telangana statehood, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali