GoM report on Telangana before winter session: Shinde
New Delhi: The Group of Ministers (GoM), set up to look into the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, will submit its report to the Union Cabinet before the winter session of Parliament, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Friday.
"We will submit the report before the winter session begins," Shinde who heads the seven member GoM told reporters here.
Shinde, however, refused to divulge anything on when Telanagan will come into existence.
"There is a process (of creating new state). When the Parliament passes the (Telangana) bill, the new state will come," he said.
The high-powered ministerial panel had detailed discussions over sharing of river water, power, distribution of assets and demarcating of boundaries in its two meetings held early this month.
The GoM will also look into the legal and administrative measures required to ensure that both Telangana and the residuary state of Andhra Pradesh can function efficiently from Hyderabad as the common capital for 10 years.
Detailed reports, department-wise, are now being prepared and will be presented before the next meeting of the GoM to be held on November 7.
The panel was constituted to address all the issues that need resolution at the central and state government levels in the matter.
After its first meeting on October 11, the GoM had said it would address all concerns of the people of Andhra Pradesh with "fairness and objectivity".
The GoM has already discussed the approach and methodology to be adopted by it and said it would take the opinions of stakeholders on all important subjects while formulating its recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?