GOM will address issues raised by Andhra leaders: Moily
Bangalore: The Group of Ministers (GOM) on Telangana will address all the issues raised by the people and political leaders of Andhra Pradesh, Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Veerappa Moily said on Saturday.
"They have some issues, that is what the GOM is going to address, particularly on resource devolution, security of the people staying in Hyderabad, distribution of water right and the capital," he told reporters here on the sidelines of an event.
"These are the issues that will be addressed by the GOM and it has been given six weeks time, may be before that they will resolve the problem; ...Once the problem of the people are resolved, I think every segment of Andhra will get the confidence to move ahead," he added.
Stating that a decision had to be taken in the interest of the state and the country, Moily said "this is the issue that is pending for 60 years and we cannot keep it pending either because of this side`s agitation or that side`s. Once and for all, we have to settle it."
He said for Congress concern and interest of the state and its people was more important and the party had always taken decisions "in the best interest of the country and its people".
On the law and order situation in Andhra Pradesh, he said "yes, immediate reaction is there, ultimately it is going to settle as we find solution to the problems."
On the possibility of Congress partnering with Jaganmohan Reddy, he said "it is not a matter that is currently under debate, we are not discussing it, Jagan has formed his own political party."
Replying to a question on dissidence within Congress on Telangana decision, he said "they are agitated because people are agitated, once the matter is resolved and we find a solution, they will realise that the decision is ultimately in the best interest of the people."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive