GOM will address issues raised by Andhra leaders: Moily
Bangalore: The Group of Ministers (GOM) on Telangana will address all the issues raised by the people and political leaders of Andhra Pradesh, Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Veerappa Moily said on Saturday.
"They have some issues, that is what the GOM is going to address, particularly on resource devolution, security of the people staying in Hyderabad, distribution of water right and the capital," he told reporters here on the sidelines of an event.
"These are the issues that will be addressed by the GOM and it has been given six weeks time, may be before that they will resolve the problem; ...Once the problem of the people are resolved, I think every segment of Andhra will get the confidence to move ahead," he added.
Stating that a decision had to be taken in the interest of the state and the country, Moily said "this is the issue that is pending for 60 years and we cannot keep it pending either because of this side`s agitation or that side`s. Once and for all, we have to settle it."
He said for Congress concern and interest of the state and its people was more important and the party had always taken decisions "in the best interest of the country and its people".
On the law and order situation in Andhra Pradesh, he said "yes, immediate reaction is there, ultimately it is going to settle as we find solution to the problems."
On the possibility of Congress partnering with Jaganmohan Reddy, he said "it is not a matter that is currently under debate, we are not discussing it, Jagan has formed his own political party."
Replying to a question on dissidence within Congress on Telangana decision, he said "they are agitated because people are agitated, once the matter is resolved and we find a solution, they will realise that the decision is ultimately in the best interest of the people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident of Champions League glory despite injury scare
- Goa University Examination Results announced