Goods train derails in AP
Visakhapatnam: The movement of trains on the Kothavalasa-Kirandul line in Visakhapatnam division of East Coast railway was disrupted after a goods train derailed this morning.
Fifteen bogies of an empty goods train proceeding from Visakhapatnam to Kirandul derailed in a tunnel at Gorapur on the Andhra-Orissa border, disrupting the movement of trains on the section.
It would take four to five days to clear the track, sources said.
The only passenger train between Visakhapatnam and Kirandul would run upto Araku till the line clears, they said.
Kothavalasa-Kirandul line of the East Coast railway is a major section for movement of iron ore from the mines at Kirandul and Bailadilla in Chhattisgarh state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation