Goods train derails in AP
Visakhapatnam: The movement of trains on the Kothavalasa-Kirandul line in Visakhapatnam division of East Coast railway was disrupted after a goods train derailed this morning.
Fifteen bogies of an empty goods train proceeding from Visakhapatnam to Kirandul derailed in a tunnel at Gorapur on the Andhra-Orissa border, disrupting the movement of trains on the section.
It would take four to five days to clear the track, sources said.
The only passenger train between Visakhapatnam and Kirandul would run upto Araku till the line clears, they said.
Kothavalasa-Kirandul line of the East Coast railway is a major section for movement of iron ore from the mines at Kirandul and Bailadilla in Chhattisgarh state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'