Goods train derails in AP
Visakhapatnam: The movement of trains on the Kothavalasa-Kirandul line in Visakhapatnam division of East Coast railway was disrupted after a goods train derailed this morning.
Fifteen bogies of an empty goods train proceeding from Visakhapatnam to Kirandul derailed in a tunnel at Gorapur on the Andhra-Orissa border, disrupting the movement of trains on the section.
It would take four to five days to clear the track, sources said.
The only passenger train between Visakhapatnam and Kirandul would run upto Araku till the line clears, they said.
Kothavalasa-Kirandul line of the East Coast railway is a major section for movement of iron ore from the mines at Kirandul and Bailadilla in Chhattisgarh state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- China to send lunar probe 'Chang'e 5' on moon!
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 30. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- Barack Obama arrives at Hiroshima atomic bomb park
- Boat sinks in Ganga, eight feared drowned in Katihar
- India, China should properly address differences; Pranab a 'seasoned statesman': Xi