Government employees in Telangana boycott work
Hyderabad: Government employees in Telangana
on Friday stayed away from work at many places in the region as
part of the non-cooperation agitation to mount pressure on the
Centre to introduce a bill in the Budget session of Parliament
for formation of separate Telangana.
The employees held demonstrations and sit-ins and at some
places played games kabaddi as a form of protest.
The Telangana supporters held protests at Central
government offices at many places and some of them asked the
staff to cooperate in achieving the statehood.
As per the call given by the Telangana political Joint
Action Committee (JAC), the Telangana supporters have launched
a non-cooperation agitation since yesterday.
Under the plan of action announced by the JAC, the
employees would hold road blockades from 10 am to 1 pm
tomorrow, JAC convener M Kodandaram told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi