Government employees in Telangana boycott work
Hyderabad: Government employees in Telangana
on Friday stayed away from work at many places in the region as
part of the non-cooperation agitation to mount pressure on the
Centre to introduce a bill in the Budget session of Parliament
for formation of separate Telangana.
The employees held demonstrations and sit-ins and at some
places played games kabaddi as a form of protest.
The Telangana supporters held protests at Central
government offices at many places and some of them asked the
staff to cooperate in achieving the statehood.
As per the call given by the Telangana political Joint
Action Committee (JAC), the Telangana supporters have launched
a non-cooperation agitation since yesterday.
Under the plan of action announced by the JAC, the
employees would hold road blockades from 10 am to 1 pm
tomorrow, JAC convener M Kodandaram told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened