Govt convenes all-party meeting on Telangana
New Delhi: Apparently under attack from the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) for failing to keep its promise on the granting statehood to the Telangana region, the Centre on Wednesday convened an all-party meeting later this month to resolve the vexed issue.
The announcement in this regard was made on wednesday by Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, who told Lok Sabha that the government has convened a meeting of Andhra Pradesh political parties on December 28 to discuss Telangana issue.
The announcement from the government comes in the wake of reports that the TRS, after drawing a blank with the UPA government on the statehood issue, is inching towards the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) led by the BJP.
TRS president and Mahbubnagar MP K Chandrasekhara Rao and his party MP from Medak Vijaya Shanti had earlier declare that they would vote against the UPA government on FDI issue.
"We have declared a war against the Congress party. And we will use every opportunity to create trouble for it," senior TRS legislator and KCR`s nephew T. Harish Rao also warned.
The TRS president gave an indication to his party`s inclination towards the BJP a couple of days ago, when he attended the steering committee meeting of the Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) and shared the dais with BJP leaders including state unit president G. Kishan Reddy and former union minister Ch. Vidyasagar Rao.
At the TJAC meeting, KCR said the UPA had betrayed the people of Telangana by going back on its announcement made on December 9, 2009, commencing the process for separate state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack