Govt convenes all-party meeting on Telangana
New Delhi: Apparently under attack from the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) for failing to keep its promise on the granting statehood to the Telangana region, the Centre on Wednesday convened an all-party meeting later this month to resolve the vexed issue.
The announcement in this regard was made on wednesday by Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, who told Lok Sabha that the government has convened a meeting of Andhra Pradesh political parties on December 28 to discuss Telangana issue.
The announcement from the government comes in the wake of reports that the TRS, after drawing a blank with the UPA government on the statehood issue, is inching towards the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) led by the BJP.
TRS president and Mahbubnagar MP K Chandrasekhara Rao and his party MP from Medak Vijaya Shanti had earlier declare that they would vote against the UPA government on FDI issue.
"We have declared a war against the Congress party. And we will use every opportunity to create trouble for it," senior TRS legislator and KCR`s nephew T. Harish Rao also warned.
The TRS president gave an indication to his party`s inclination towards the BJP a couple of days ago, when he attended the steering committee meeting of the Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) and shared the dais with BJP leaders including state unit president G. Kishan Reddy and former union minister Ch. Vidyasagar Rao.
At the TJAC meeting, KCR said the UPA had betrayed the people of Telangana by going back on its announcement made on December 9, 2009, commencing the process for separate state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees