Govt rules out re-think on decision to create Telangana: Shinde
New Delhi: The Centre on Thursday ruled out going back on the decision to create Telangana but gave no indication of timeframe for achieving it.
It also did not rule out imposition of President`s rule in Andhra Pradesh.
"I do not think there is any possibility of going back to the decision to create Telangana," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said in reply to questions at his monthly press conference.
Shinde, however, did not commit to whether the Telangana Bill will be tabled during the Winter session of Parliament.
"That we will see," he said when asked whether the Bill will be brought in the next session expected to start November-end.
Shinde said the Group of Ministers, set up to look into the creation of Telangana, will submit its report as early as possible and justice will be given to Andhra Pradesh.
"The GoM will submit its report as early as possible and that is the reason why no time frame has been given to it...," he said replying to a volley of questions on bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Asked whether the Central government was planning to impose President`s rule in the state, which has been witnessing massive protests in Seemandhra region against the decision to create Telangana, Shinde said, "that I cannot say now".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog