Govt should act on assurances it gave about AP division: Naidu
Hyderabad: Asserting that government needs to follow up its assurances with regard to division of Andhra Pradesh with concrete action, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said his party will decide its approach vis-a-vis Telangana bill as per government`s response.
"We are for division. We are committed to take care of the concerns of Seemandhra. There is no conflict between the two, except some minor things," he told.
Naidu has earlier held discussions with the senior Congress and government leaders on the details of the Telangana bill on various issues concerning division.
"Mere words will not suffice. It has to be followed by legislative action and financial sanction," he said.
Citing an example, the BJP leader said it is the responsibility of the Centre to see that residuary Andhra Pradesh does not face any financial troubles post division as it would be deprived of the revenue generated in Hyderabad.
"When I explained this issue, they said we will refer the matter to 14th Finance Commission. But, Finance Commission is an independent commission. If they give their report later, how can the state manage till then," he said.
"The ball is in their (Congress and government) court now," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad