Govt should act on assurances it gave about AP division: Naidu
Hyderabad: Asserting that government needs to follow up its assurances with regard to division of Andhra Pradesh with concrete action, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said his party will decide its approach vis-a-vis Telangana bill as per government`s response.
"We are for division. We are committed to take care of the concerns of Seemandhra. There is no conflict between the two, except some minor things," he told.
Naidu has earlier held discussions with the senior Congress and government leaders on the details of the Telangana bill on various issues concerning division.
"Mere words will not suffice. It has to be followed by legislative action and financial sanction," he said.
Citing an example, the BJP leader said it is the responsibility of the Centre to see that residuary Andhra Pradesh does not face any financial troubles post division as it would be deprived of the revenue generated in Hyderabad.
"When I explained this issue, they said we will refer the matter to 14th Finance Commission. But, Finance Commission is an independent commission. If they give their report later, how can the state manage till then," he said.
"The ball is in their (Congress and government) court now," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis