Govt should act on assurances it gave about AP division: Naidu
Hyderabad: Asserting that government needs to follow up its assurances with regard to division of Andhra Pradesh with concrete action, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu today said his party will decide its approach vis-a-vis Telangana bill as per government`s response.
"We are for division. We are committed to take care of the concerns of Seemandhra. There is no conflict between the two, except some minor things," he told PTI.
Naidu has earlier held discussions with the senior Congress and government leaders on the details of the Telangana bill on various issues concerning division.
"Mere words will not suffice. It has to be followed by legislative action and financial sanction," he said.
Citing an example, the BJP leader said it is the responsibility of the Centre to see that residuary Andhra Pradesh does not face any financial troubles post division as it would be deprived of the revenue generated in Hyderabad.
"When I explained this issue, they said we will refer the matter to 14th Finance Commission. But, Finance Commission is an independent commission. If they give their report later, how can the state manage till then," he said.
"The ball is in their (Congress and government) court now," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM