Govt should act on assurances it gave about AP division: Naidu
Hyderabad: Asserting that government needs to follow up its assurances with regard to division of Andhra Pradesh with concrete action, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu today said his party will decide its approach vis-a-vis Telangana bill as per government`s response.
"We are for division. We are committed to take care of the concerns of Seemandhra. There is no conflict between the two, except some minor things," he told PTI.
Naidu has earlier held discussions with the senior Congress and government leaders on the details of the Telangana bill on various issues concerning division.
"Mere words will not suffice. It has to be followed by legislative action and financial sanction," he said.
Citing an example, the BJP leader said it is the responsibility of the Centre to see that residuary Andhra Pradesh does not face any financial troubles post division as it would be deprived of the revenue generated in Hyderabad.
"When I explained this issue, they said we will refer the matter to 14th Finance Commission. But, Finance Commission is an independent commission. If they give their report later, how can the state manage till then," he said.
"The ball is in their (Congress and government) court now," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price