Govt spending Rs 1,750cr on hostel students in E Godavari dist
Rajahmundry (AP): Andhra Pradesh Social
Welfare Minister P Subash Chandra Bose on Monday said the
Government is spending Rs 1,750 crore for fee reimbursement
and post-matric stipend to the students staying at various
welfare hostels in East Godavari District.
At a meeting here, he asked the officials concerned to
take steps to improve facilities in the hostels.
"There was no dearth of funds. Huge amounts are being
spent for the welfare of the minority and weaker sections of
the society," he said.
The Minister said the government has paid Rs 85 lakh
towards insurance premium to cover the students in various
hostels in the State.
Besides, the Government is also spending Rs 61 crore
for admission of hostels` students in various corporate
schools, Bose said.
District Collector Gopalakrishna Diwadi said over
35,000 students were studying in various welfare hostels in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information