Govt wants to take welfare programs to all section
Rajahmundry: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday said here that the main objective of `Indiramma Bata`, his new mass contact programe, was to take the welfare programs to all sections of the society.
Reddy arrived in East Godavari district on a three-day visit today.
As a part of `Bata` program, the Chief Minister visited Gokavaram Community Health Centre of Jaggampet Assembly segment. He interacted with the people there and enquired about the facilities available.
"Government`s main aim is to reach all the welfare schemes to people, then only the schemes would be meaningful and yield good results," he added.
He announced upgrading of six-bed CHC to 50-bed, among other things.
As one of the patients at the CHC said that doctors were not available during night, the CM directed that of the three doctors attached to the Centre, one should be assigned for night duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player