Govt wants to take welfare programs to all section
Rajahmundry: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday said here that the main objective of `Indiramma Bata`, his new mass contact programe, was to take the welfare programs to all sections of the society.
Reddy arrived in East Godavari district on a three-day visit today.
As a part of `Bata` program, the Chief Minister visited Gokavaram Community Health Centre of Jaggampet Assembly segment. He interacted with the people there and enquired about the facilities available.
"Government`s main aim is to reach all the welfare schemes to people, then only the schemes would be meaningful and yield good results," he added.
He announced upgrading of six-bed CHC to 50-bed, among other things.
As one of the patients at the CHC said that doctors were not available during night, the CM directed that of the three doctors attached to the Centre, one should be assigned for night duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video