Govt wants to take welfare programs to all section
Rajahmundry: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday said here that the main objective of `Indiramma Bata`, his new mass contact programe, was to take the welfare programs to all sections of the society.
Reddy arrived in East Godavari district on a three-day visit today.
As a part of `Bata` program, the Chief Minister visited Gokavaram Community Health Centre of Jaggampet Assembly segment. He interacted with the people there and enquired about the facilities available.
"Government`s main aim is to reach all the welfare schemes to people, then only the schemes would be meaningful and yield good results," he added.
He announced upgrading of six-bed CHC to 50-bed, among other things.
As one of the patients at the CHC said that doctors were not available during night, the CM directed that of the three doctors attached to the Centre, one should be assigned for night duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?