Group of YSRC workers ransack party office
Rajahmundry: A group of YSR Congress workers Tuesday allegedly ransacked the party office here after a mayoral candidate earlier fielded for the March 20 municipal polls, was suddenly replaced, police said.
The followers of Maheshwari, who had been first declared as the YSR Congress candidate for the mayor`s post in the Rajahmundry Municipal Corporation, were irked over the cancellation of his name by the party and giving candidature to Sharmila Reddy.
A group of around 70 party workers came to the YSRCP central office in Danavaipeta in Rajahmundry city to register their protest and ransacked the furniture, computers and other material, police said.
"There were hardly any YSRC members who operate the office, as their party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy is on East Godavari tour and most of them are accompanying him," police added.
A case has been registered by Rajahmundry One town police and nobody has been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America