Group of YSRC workers ransack party office
Rajahmundry: A group of YSR Congress workers Tuesday allegedly ransacked the party office here after a mayoral candidate earlier fielded for the March 20 municipal polls, was suddenly replaced, police said.
The followers of Maheshwari, who had been first declared as the YSR Congress candidate for the mayor`s post in the Rajahmundry Municipal Corporation, were irked over the cancellation of his name by the party and giving candidature to Sharmila Reddy.
A group of around 70 party workers came to the YSRCP central office in Danavaipeta in Rajahmundry city to register their protest and ransacked the furniture, computers and other material, police said.
"There were hardly any YSRC members who operate the office, as their party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy is on East Godavari tour and most of them are accompanying him," police added.
A case has been registered by Rajahmundry One town police and nobody has been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress