Group of YSRC workers ransack party office
Rajahmundry: A group of YSR Congress workers Tuesday allegedly ransacked the party office here after a mayoral candidate earlier fielded for the March 20 municipal polls, was suddenly replaced, police said.
The followers of Maheshwari, who had been first declared as the YSR Congress candidate for the mayor`s post in the Rajahmundry Municipal Corporation, were irked over the cancellation of his name by the party and giving candidature to Sharmila Reddy.
A group of around 70 party workers came to the YSRCP central office in Danavaipeta in Rajahmundry city to register their protest and ransacked the furniture, computers and other material, police said.
"There were hardly any YSRC members who operate the office, as their party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy is on East Godavari tour and most of them are accompanying him," police added.
A case has been registered by Rajahmundry One town police and nobody has been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'