Group of YSRC workers ransack party office
Rajahmundry: A group of YSR Congress workers Tuesday allegedly ransacked the party office here after a mayoral candidate earlier fielded for the March 20 municipal polls, was suddenly replaced, police said.
The followers of Maheshwari, who had been first declared as the YSR Congress candidate for the mayor`s post in the Rajahmundry Municipal Corporation, were irked over the cancellation of his name by the party and giving candidature to Sharmila Reddy.
A group of around 70 party workers came to the YSRCP central office in Danavaipeta in Rajahmundry city to register their protest and ransacked the furniture, computers and other material, police said.
"There were hardly any YSRC members who operate the office, as their party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy is on East Godavari tour and most of them are accompanying him," police added.
A case has been registered by Rajahmundry One town police and nobody has been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list