Guntur: Tension at varsity
Guntur: Tension prevailed at the
Acharaya Nagarjuna University here on Thursday after a portrait
of Dr BR Ambedkar was found damaged.
Some students gathered at the administration office and
shouted slogans protesting the incident.
As varsity authorities failed to pacify the students,
Deputy Superintendent of Police P Annupurna Reddi went to the
spot and assured that the culprits would be caught, after
which the protest was called off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test