Guntur: Tension at varsity
Guntur: Tension prevailed at the
Acharaya Nagarjuna University here on Thursday after a portrait
of Dr BR Ambedkar was found damaged.
Some students gathered at the administration office and
shouted slogans protesting the incident.
As varsity authorities failed to pacify the students,
Deputy Superintendent of Police P Annupurna Reddi went to the
spot and assured that the culprits would be caught, after
which the protest was called off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi