Guntur: Tension at varsity
Guntur: Tension prevailed at the
Acharaya Nagarjuna University here on Thursday after a portrait
of Dr BR Ambedkar was found damaged.
Some students gathered at the administration office and
shouted slogans protesting the incident.
As varsity authorities failed to pacify the students,
Deputy Superintendent of Police P Annupurna Reddi went to the
spot and assured that the culprits would be caught, after
which the protest was called off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat
- PM Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune, calls it "People's Mission"
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?