Guntur: Tension at varsity
Guntur: Tension prevailed at the
Acharaya Nagarjuna University here on Thursday after a portrait
of Dr BR Ambedkar was found damaged.
Some students gathered at the administration office and
shouted slogans protesting the incident.
As varsity authorities failed to pacify the students,
Deputy Superintendent of Police P Annupurna Reddi went to the
spot and assured that the culprits would be caught, after
which the protest was called off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!