Hate speech: Akbaruddin Owaisi`s judicial remand extended till Feb 12
Hyderabad: A court in Nizamabad district of Andhra Pradesh on Thursday extended till February 12 the judicial remand of MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi in a "hate" speech case.
Akbaruddin was brought from Adilabad District Jail, where he has been lodged since January 9, in connection with another "hate" speech case registered at Nirmal town of Adilabad, and produced before the First Additional District Magistrate (ADM).
The court, while extending Akbaruddin`s remand, fixed February 12 as the date for recording his voice sample, which will be done in the presence of experts from the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL). He was later shifted back to Adilabad District Jail.
Multiple cases have been registered against Akbaruddin for his alleged hate speeches delivered in Nizamabad on December 8 and at Nirmal town of Adilabad on December 22 last year.
On February 5, Nirmal police had got his voice recorded by Andhra Pradesh Forensic Science Laboratory experts.
Akbaruddin, the MIM`s floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, who is facing sedition charges for his alleged "hate speech," was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital here on January 8.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents