Hate speech: Akbaruddin`s voice recorded for forensic test
Nirmal (AP): The voice of jailed MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi, who is facing sedition charges for his alleged "hate speech," was today recorded by Andhra Pradesh Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) even as a local court extended his judicial remand in the case till February 19.
Akbaruddin`s voice was recorded in the court of Judicial First Class Magistrate in Nirmal town of Adilabad district by the APFSL experts and the sample will now be forwarded to CFSL Chandigarh, a senior police officer said.
"Akbaruddin was made to read out a script. However, his voice was low, as he complained of ill health. It (voice sample) seemed not upto the mark when compared to the voice of his alleged hate speech given in Nirmal in December last year," the police officer said.
The voice sample will now be sent to CFSL Chandigarh and it will be matched with his voice in the video footage of that meeting, he explained.
The Nirmal Police, which had arrested the MIM legislator from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8, had earlier filed a petition in the court for the test to match his voice with that on videotapes of the alleged hate speech that the MIM leader is accused of delivering on December 22 last here.
The MLA, who represents Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, is facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation, among others.
Meanwhile, the court extended Akbaruddin`s judicial remand by another 14 days.
He was booked suo moto by Nirmal and Nizamabad Police and subsequently by Osmania University police in Hyderabad and in different parts of Andhra Pradesh for allegedly making the inflammatory speeches against a particular community.
Akbaruddin, party`s floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, is currently lodged in Adilabad District Jail.
The MIM MLA has already denied before the Nirmal and the Nizamabad Police during his custodial interrogation that the voice in the video footages was of his.
He had allegedly delivered the hate speech in Nizamabad on December 8 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price