Hate speech: Akbaruddin`s voice recorded for forensic test
Nirmal (AP): The voice of jailed MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi, who is facing sedition charges for his alleged "hate speech," was today recorded by Andhra Pradesh Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) even as a local court extended his judicial remand in the case till February 19.
Akbaruddin`s voice was recorded in the court of Judicial First Class Magistrate in Nirmal town of Adilabad district by the APFSL experts and the sample will now be forwarded to CFSL Chandigarh, a senior police officer said.
"Akbaruddin was made to read out a script. However, his voice was low, as he complained of ill health. It (voice sample) seemed not upto the mark when compared to the voice of his alleged hate speech given in Nirmal in December last year," the police officer said.
The voice sample will now be sent to CFSL Chandigarh and it will be matched with his voice in the video footage of that meeting, he explained.
The Nirmal Police, which had arrested the MIM legislator from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8, had earlier filed a petition in the court for the test to match his voice with that on videotapes of the alleged hate speech that the MIM leader is accused of delivering on December 22 last here.
The MLA, who represents Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, is facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation, among others.
Meanwhile, the court extended Akbaruddin`s judicial remand by another 14 days.
He was booked suo moto by Nirmal and Nizamabad Police and subsequently by Osmania University police in Hyderabad and in different parts of Andhra Pradesh for allegedly making the inflammatory speeches against a particular community.
Akbaruddin, party`s floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, is currently lodged in Adilabad District Jail.
The MIM MLA has already denied before the Nirmal and the Nizamabad Police during his custodial interrogation that the voice in the video footages was of his.
He had allegedly delivered the hate speech in Nizamabad on December 8 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands