Hate speech: Akbaruddin`s voice recorded
Hyderabad: The voice of jailed MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation for his alleged "hate speech," was today recorded in Nizamabad town of Andhra Pradesh even as a court extended his judicial remand till February 26.
On February 5, Nirmal town police had got his voice recorded by Andhra Pradesh Forensic Science Laboratory (APFSL) experts in another alleged hate speech case.
Akbaruddin was brought from Adilabad District Jail, where he has been lodged since January 9, in connection with another "hate speech" case registered at Nirmal town of Adilabad, and produced before the First Additional District Magistrate (ADM) in Nizamabad town.
Multiple cases have been registered against Akbaruddin for his alleged hate speeches delivered in Nizamabad on December 8 and at Nirmal town of Adilabad on December 22 last year.
Experts from the APFSL conducted voice sample test of Akbaruddin in the court, wherein he was asked to read an Urdu newspaper and some Urdu documents.
The court also extended his judicial remand till February 26 in the case.
The recorded voice sample and the footage of the speech in which Akbaruddin allegedly made provocative remarks against a particular community in Nizamabad on December 8 last year will now be sent to CFSL Chandigarh for further verification, a senior police officer told PTI over phone from Nizamabad.
Akbaruddin, the Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen`s (MIM) floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital here on January 8.
Meanwhile, the counsel of Akbaruddin filed a bail petition in Nizamabad court which is likely to come up for hearing on February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry