Hate speech: Akbaruddin`s voice recorded
Hyderabad: The voice of jailed MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation for his alleged "hate speech," was today recorded in Nizamabad town of Andhra Pradesh even as a court extended his judicial remand till February 26.
On February 5, Nirmal town police had got his voice recorded by Andhra Pradesh Forensic Science Laboratory (APFSL) experts in another alleged hate speech case.
Akbaruddin was brought from Adilabad District Jail, where he has been lodged since January 9, in connection with another "hate speech" case registered at Nirmal town of Adilabad, and produced before the First Additional District Magistrate (ADM) in Nizamabad town.
Multiple cases have been registered against Akbaruddin for his alleged hate speeches delivered in Nizamabad on December 8 and at Nirmal town of Adilabad on December 22 last year.
Experts from the APFSL conducted voice sample test of Akbaruddin in the court, wherein he was asked to read an Urdu newspaper and some Urdu documents.
The court also extended his judicial remand till February 26 in the case.
The recorded voice sample and the footage of the speech in which Akbaruddin allegedly made provocative remarks against a particular community in Nizamabad on December 8 last year will now be sent to CFSL Chandigarh for further verification, a senior police officer told PTI over phone from Nizamabad.
Akbaruddin, the Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen`s (MIM) floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital here on January 8.
Meanwhile, the counsel of Akbaruddin filed a bail petition in Nizamabad court which is likely to come up for hearing on February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video