Hate speech case: Akbaruddin appears in Nirmal court
Adilabad (AP): MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, who was earlier granted bail in alleged hate speech cases, on Tuesday appeared before a court at Nirmal town in Adilabad district.
The magistrate posted the next hearing in the case for March 5.
While granting him bail last week, the court had asked him to appear before it on Tuesday.
Akbaruddin, the Majlis-e-Ittehadul-Muslimeen (MIM) floor leader in the state Assembly, has been facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation among others, under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for his "hate speech" in two different courts in Adilabad and Nizamabad districts.
He was released on bail on February 16 after the two courts granted him bail.
Police had booked suo moto cases at Nirmal in Adilabad and Nizamabad districts against the legislator after he allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory language against a community during his public speeches in December last year.
Akbaruddin was arrested by the Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8 and was lodged in Adilabad District Jail since January 9.
Police officials in Nirmal and Nizamabad have already tested Akbaruddin`s voice and taken samples to match it with his voice on the videotapes of his alleged hate speeches, delivered at Nizamabad and Nirmal in December last year.
Voice samples in both the cases have been sent to the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), Chandigarh for examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing