Hate speech charges against Owaisi baseless, says his party
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) on Thursday said the allegations of hate speech levelled against party MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi were "baseless" and the matter would be decided in the courts.
The entire episode is a conspiracy hatched against the Hyderabad-based party by Andhra Pradesh`s Congress Government in connivance with BJP, said Asaduddin Owaisi, the MIM President and brother of the jailed legislator.
"Akbaruddin Owaisi, by coming back (from London), has clearly shown he wants justice to be done to himself. This is a baseless allegation made against him. The Government, in connivance with BJP, has conspired against MIM party. The courts will decide whether he was right or wrong," he told reporters here.
Akbaruddin was yesterday sent to 14 days judicial remand in Adilabad district, a day after he was arrested on sedition, criminal conspiracy and other charges for making a "hate speech" last month.
Asaduddin, Lok Sabha member from Hyderabad, and party supporters today offered prayers for the 42-year-old MLA from Chandrayangutta here.
MIM, which has a strong political base in Hyderabad`s Old City areas, had been a Congress ally. However, MIM late last year withdrew support to the Congress both at the Centre and state, but both parties continue to share power in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far