Hate speech charges against Owaisi baseless, says his party
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) on Thursday said the allegations of hate speech levelled against party MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi were "baseless" and the matter would be decided in the courts.
The entire episode is a conspiracy hatched against the Hyderabad-based party by Andhra Pradesh`s Congress Government in connivance with BJP, said Asaduddin Owaisi, the MIM President and brother of the jailed legislator.
"Akbaruddin Owaisi, by coming back (from London), has clearly shown he wants justice to be done to himself. This is a baseless allegation made against him. The Government, in connivance with BJP, has conspired against MIM party. The courts will decide whether he was right or wrong," he told reporters here.
Akbaruddin was yesterday sent to 14 days judicial remand in Adilabad district, a day after he was arrested on sedition, criminal conspiracy and other charges for making a "hate speech" last month.
Asaduddin, Lok Sabha member from Hyderabad, and party supporters today offered prayers for the 42-year-old MLA from Chandrayangutta here.
MIM, which has a strong political base in Hyderabad`s Old City areas, had been a Congress ally. However, MIM late last year withdrew support to the Congress both at the Centre and state, but both parties continue to share power in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!