Hate speech: MIM MLA Akbaruddin gets bail
Nizamabad: A local court Friday granted bail to MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi in connection with a hate speech case registered against him.
The First Additional District Magistrate (ADM) court in Nizamabad town allowed the bail plea of Owaisi on the condition that he would cooperate with the investigation officer. The judge also asked him to produce two sureties of Rs 10,000 each towards the bail.
The voice of Owaisi, facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation for his alleged "hate speech," was earlier recorded on February 12.
He is lodged in Adilabad District Jail since January 9 in connection with another hate speech case registered at Nirmal town of Adilabad.
The order on his bail application in this case is likely to be pronounced later today.
Multiple cases have been registered against Owaisi for alleged hate speeches delivered by him in Nizamabad on December 8 and at Nirmal town on December 22 last year.
Akbaruddin, the Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen`s (MIM) floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh