Hate speech: MIM MLA Akbaruddin gets bail
Nizamabad: A local court Friday granted bail to MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi in connection with a hate speech case registered against him.
The First Additional District Magistrate (ADM) court in Nizamabad town allowed the bail plea of Owaisi on the condition that he would cooperate with the investigation officer. The judge also asked him to produce two sureties of Rs 10,000 each towards the bail.
The voice of Owaisi, facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation for his alleged "hate speech," was earlier recorded on February 12.
He is lodged in Adilabad District Jail since January 9 in connection with another hate speech case registered at Nirmal town of Adilabad.
The order on his bail application in this case is likely to be pronounced later today.
Multiple cases have been registered against Owaisi for alleged hate speeches delivered by him in Nizamabad on December 8 and at Nirmal town on December 22 last year.
Akbaruddin, the Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen`s (MIM) floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling