Hate speech: MIM MLA Akbaruddin gets bail
Nizamabad: A local court Friday granted bail to MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi in connection with a hate speech case registered against him.
The First Additional District Magistrate (ADM) court in Nizamabad town allowed the bail plea of Owaisi on the condition that he would cooperate with the investigation officer. The judge also asked him to produce two sureties of Rs 10,000 each towards the bail.
The voice of Owaisi, facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation for his alleged "hate speech," was earlier recorded on February 12.
He is lodged in Adilabad District Jail since January 9 in connection with another hate speech case registered at Nirmal town of Adilabad.
The order on his bail application in this case is likely to be pronounced later today.
Multiple cases have been registered against Owaisi for alleged hate speeches delivered by him in Nizamabad on December 8 and at Nirmal town on December 22 last year.
Akbaruddin, the Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen`s (MIM) floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS