Hate speech: Police question Akbaruddin Owaisi
Hyderabad: Police continued to question Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader Akbaruddin Owaisi for a second day Sunday for his hate speech against Hindus.
Investigating officers began questioning the legislator at 10 am Sunday in Adilabad town, about 300 km from here.
Police said the MIM leader was being questioned in the presence of his two lawyers as directed by a court in Nirmal town, which sent him to police custody for five days.
The Andhra Pradesh legislator was arrested in Hyderabad Tuesday in connection with a hate speech delivered by him in Nirmal town last month. A court in Nirmal sent him to judicial custody for 14 days.
The MIM leader has been booked for sedition, waging war against nation, criminal conspiracy and other charges.
Police were questioning Akbar Owaisi to gather more evidence against him on the basis of a CD of his Dec 22 speech.
Meanwhile, Osmania University police station here plans to file a petition to seek a prisoner transit warrant to seek custody of Owaisi for investigation into the case booked against him at the direction of a city court.
Police Saturday questioned representatives of four television channels with regard to the MIM leader`s provocative speech at Nirmal.
Owaisi is facing a case in Nizamabad for making a similar speech in that town.
He has also been booked by police in several other districts on the directions of local courts during last 10 days. The court orders came on the petitions filed by individuals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN