Hate speech: Police question Akbaruddin Owaisi
Hyderabad: Police continued to question Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader Akbaruddin Owaisi for a second day Sunday for his hate speech against Hindus.
Investigating officers began questioning the legislator at 10 am Sunday in Adilabad town, about 300 km from here.
Police said the MIM leader was being questioned in the presence of his two lawyers as directed by a court in Nirmal town, which sent him to police custody for five days.
The Andhra Pradesh legislator was arrested in Hyderabad Tuesday in connection with a hate speech delivered by him in Nirmal town last month. A court in Nirmal sent him to judicial custody for 14 days.
The MIM leader has been booked for sedition, waging war against nation, criminal conspiracy and other charges.
Police were questioning Akbar Owaisi to gather more evidence against him on the basis of a CD of his Dec 22 speech.
Meanwhile, Osmania University police station here plans to file a petition to seek a prisoner transit warrant to seek custody of Owaisi for investigation into the case booked against him at the direction of a city court.
Police Saturday questioned representatives of four television channels with regard to the MIM leader`s provocative speech at Nirmal.
Owaisi is facing a case in Nizamabad for making a similar speech in that town.
He has also been booked by police in several other districts on the directions of local courts during last 10 days. The court orders came on the petitions filed by individuals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city