HC lifts freeze on bank accounts of Jagan`s firms
Hyderabad: In a relief to Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy, the Andhra Pradesh High Court today lifted the freeze on bank accounts of three firms-- Sakshi newspaper, TV channel and Janani Infra, owned by the YSR Congress chief.
However, the court imposed certain conditions on maintenance of accounts saying that all transactions are to be through cheques and no property should be sold until the case is completed.
On May 8, the CBI, which is investigating source of funds and other aspects of Jagan`s business empire, had written to different banks ordering the freezing of all accounts in the name of Jagathi Publications, which runs Sakshi newspaper, Indira TV, which operates Sakshi TV, and Janani Infra.
According to CBI, the investigating agency had frozen 11 current accounts in different banks in the city with Rs 11 crore balance, besides Rs 103 crore of fixed deposits.
Recently, the same court issued interim stay on the government order stopping all government advertisements to Sakshi paper and TV channel, terming it as contrary to the guidelines set by the government itself.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata