HC suspends bails of two accused in Mecca Masjid blast case
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Monday ordered temporary suspension of the bail granted to two accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid bomb blast case here.
The High Court also ordered that notices be issued to the accused Devendra Gupta and Lokesh Sharma, who are presently in a jail in Jaipur, said advocate N Ramchander, their lawyer.
"National Investigation Agency had objected to the bail order (by lower court). The order of the lower court has been suspended and notices issued to my clients," he said.
A local court, on November 26, granted conditional bail to Gupta and Sharma, who also figure among the five persons named in the charge sheet filed by the Rajasthan ATS in the 2007 Ajmer blast case.
A cell phone-controlled pipe bomb went off at the historical Mecca Masjid here during Friday prayers on May 18, 2007, killing nine people. Five more were killed when police fired upon a mob protesting the blast.
NIA, last year, filed a charge sheet against Swami Aseemanand and five others in this case. The CBI, which had earlier probed the case, had named six persons in its FIR, all with links with a Right-wing Hindu outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter