Headmistress punishes students with burning wood
Hyderabad: Seven students of a government
primary school in Warangal district suffered burns after the
headmistress of the school allegedly gave them corporal
punishment using a burning firewood.
The headmistress of a primary school at Jamandlapally
village of Mahbubabad mandal in Warangal district took out a
burning firewood (meant for midday meal) and allegedly
punished the primary class students including some girls who
were reportedly making noise in the school premises yesterday,
a senior official said.
The headmistress identified as Sruthi Keerthi was
suspended after the incident.
"I came to know about the incident only this morning.
What the headmistress has done is not advisable and corporal
punishment is against norms. She has been placed under
suspension and the Mandal Education Officer has been
asked to submit a report over the incident," Warangal District
Education Officer (DEO) P Laxma Reddy told PTI.
As per the report available, the headmistress used a
burning stick to punish students resulting in burns. Though
none of them suffered serious injuries but all the students
were taken to a local hospital and discharged after treatment,
the official said.
The DEO said efforts were underway to lodge a complaint
with the police station concerned to register a criminal case
against the headmistress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand