Heat wave conditions continue unabated across Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: As many as 524 people were killed since April 01, this year in Andhra Pradesh due to sunstroke, as severe heat wave conditions continued unabated in the state.
Guntur district in coastal Andhra accounted for the maximum number of 95 deaths, followed by Prakasam (75), East Godavari (60), Adilabad (43), Karimnagar (43), Nalgonda (47), Khammam (26), Warangal (20), West Godavari (16), Nizamabad (16), among others, a release issued by the state disaster management commissioner said here on Sunday.
Families below poverty line are eligible to claim financial assistance of Rs 50,000 under the `Apathbandhu` scheme. Those who wish to claim the assistance are advised to get post mortem report and FIR.
Severe heat wave conditions are expected to prevail in Prakasam, Guntur, Krishna, East and West Godavari and Visakhapatnam districts in coastal Andhra, the release said.
Heat wave conditions would prevail over Warangal and Karimnagar of the Telangana region during the next 48 hours, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price