Heat wave conditions continue unabated across Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: As many as 524 people were killed since April 01, this year in Andhra Pradesh due to sunstroke, as severe heat wave conditions continued unabated in the state.
Guntur district in coastal Andhra accounted for the maximum number of 95 deaths, followed by Prakasam (75), East Godavari (60), Adilabad (43), Karimnagar (43), Nalgonda (47), Khammam (26), Warangal (20), West Godavari (16), Nizamabad (16), among others, a release issued by the state disaster management commissioner said here on Sunday.
Families below poverty line are eligible to claim financial assistance of Rs 50,000 under the `Apathbandhu` scheme. Those who wish to claim the assistance are advised to get post mortem report and FIR.
Severe heat wave conditions are expected to prevail in Prakasam, Guntur, Krishna, East and West Godavari and Visakhapatnam districts in coastal Andhra, the release said.
Heat wave conditions would prevail over Warangal and Karimnagar of the Telangana region during the next 48 hours, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership