Heat wave conditions continue unabated across Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: As many as 524 people were killed since April 01, this year in Andhra Pradesh due to sunstroke, as severe heat wave conditions continued unabated in the state.
Guntur district in coastal Andhra accounted for the maximum number of 95 deaths, followed by Prakasam (75), East Godavari (60), Adilabad (43), Karimnagar (43), Nalgonda (47), Khammam (26), Warangal (20), West Godavari (16), Nizamabad (16), among others, a release issued by the state disaster management commissioner said here on Sunday.
Families below poverty line are eligible to claim financial assistance of Rs 50,000 under the `Apathbandhu` scheme. Those who wish to claim the assistance are advised to get post mortem report and FIR.
Severe heat wave conditions are expected to prevail in Prakasam, Guntur, Krishna, East and West Godavari and Visakhapatnam districts in coastal Andhra, the release said.
Heat wave conditions would prevail over Warangal and Karimnagar of the Telangana region during the next 48 hours, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan