Heat wave conditions continue unabated across Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: As many as 524 people were killed since April 01, this year in Andhra Pradesh due to sunstroke, as severe heat wave conditions continued unabated in the state.
Guntur district in coastal Andhra accounted for the maximum number of 95 deaths, followed by Prakasam (75), East Godavari (60), Adilabad (43), Karimnagar (43), Nalgonda (47), Khammam (26), Warangal (20), West Godavari (16), Nizamabad (16), among others, a release issued by the state disaster management commissioner said here on Sunday.
Families below poverty line are eligible to claim financial assistance of Rs 50,000 under the `Apathbandhu` scheme. Those who wish to claim the assistance are advised to get post mortem report and FIR.
Severe heat wave conditions are expected to prevail in Prakasam, Guntur, Krishna, East and West Godavari and Visakhapatnam districts in coastal Andhra, the release said.
Heat wave conditions would prevail over Warangal and Karimnagar of the Telangana region during the next 48 hours, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'