Heat wave conditions continue unabated across Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: As many as 524 people were killed since April 01, this year in Andhra Pradesh due to sunstroke, as severe heat wave conditions continued unabated in the state.
Guntur district in coastal Andhra accounted for the maximum number of 95 deaths, followed by Prakasam (75), East Godavari (60), Adilabad (43), Karimnagar (43), Nalgonda (47), Khammam (26), Warangal (20), West Godavari (16), Nizamabad (16), among others, a release issued by the state disaster management commissioner said here on Sunday.
Families below poverty line are eligible to claim financial assistance of Rs 50,000 under the `Apathbandhu` scheme. Those who wish to claim the assistance are advised to get post mortem report and FIR.
Severe heat wave conditions are expected to prevail in Prakasam, Guntur, Krishna, East and West Godavari and Visakhapatnam districts in coastal Andhra, the release said.
Heat wave conditions would prevail over Warangal and Karimnagar of the Telangana region during the next 48 hours, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere