Heated debate on law and order rocks Andhra assembly
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh assembly witnessed uproarious scenes Friday as heated exchange between ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and opposition YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) marked the debate on law and order situation.
Speaker Kodela Sivaprasad Rao adjourned the house for the day amid pandemonium as the treasury benches insisted that Leader of Opposition Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy tender an unconditional apology for his behaviour.
Members of both the TDP and YSRCP trooped towards the speaker`s podium, forcing the speaker to adjourn the house for 10 minutes. Pandemonium continued when the house reassembled. As the repeated appeals by the speaker to the members to resume their seats fell on deaf ears, he adjourned the house for the day.
Trouble began when the YSRCP leader passed some remarks when a member of TDP was speaking during the debate. Taking strong exception to this, the TDP demanded unconditional apology from the leader of opposition.
TDP member D Narendra urged the speaker not to take up any other item on the agenda till Jaganmohan Reddy tenders an apology for insulting the member. The speaker advised Jagan, as the YSRCP leader is popularly known, to withdraw his remarks.
Jagan, however, wanted to know why no action was taken against the members who called him a murderer and described his party colleagues as smugglers.
Earlier, participating in the debate, the leader of opposition demanded an inquiry into the killing of YSRCP leaders and workers.
YSRCP member K Sridhar Reddy termed the attacks on party workers as pre-planned. He alleged that TDP is trying to eliminate the opposition. He said 14 party leaders were killed since TDP came to power three months ago.
TDP legislators launched counter attack on YSRCP and blamed its leader Jagan for the attacks on their party workers when his father YS Rajasekhara Reddy was the chief minister between 2004 and 2009. TDP member B Umamaheswar Rao said 189 TDP workers were brutally killed during Rajasekhara Reddy`s rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note