Heavy rainfall in coastal Andhra, Rayalseema
Hyderabad: Many districts in coastal and
Rayalseema regions of Andhra Pradesh have been receiving heavy
rainfall since Friday as the northeast monsoon became
vigorous over the south coast.
According to Meteorological Department, Nellore
town received the heaviest rainfall of 17 cms, followed by
Kavali 10 cm, Venkatagiri town 9 cm and Tada 8 cm (all in
Nellore district), Sompeta (Srikakulam district), Gudur
(Nellore) and Srikalahasti (Chittoor district) 7 cm each.
Similarly, Sullurpet (Nellore district) received 6 cm,
Tirupathi, Atmakur, Rapur, Kandukur (Prakasam district) and
Satyavedu (Chittoor district) recorded 5 cm rainfall each in
the 24 hours ended 8.30 am today.
According to reports received here, several low-lying
localities in Nellore town were marooned in the rainwater.
The Department today issued a heavy rainfall warning
with isolated heavy to very heavy rain over coastal Andhra
Pradesh during the next 48 hours and forecast isolated heavy
rain over Rayalaseema region.
It further forecast light to moderate rain or
thundershowers at a few places over Telangana region till the
morning of November 1.
Rains also occurred in Hyderabad. The Department has
forecast rain of thundershowers in parts of the state capital
till the morning of November 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university