Heavy rainfall in coastal Andhra, Rayalseema
Hyderabad: Many districts in coastal and
Rayalseema regions of Andhra Pradesh have been receiving heavy
rainfall since Friday as the northeast monsoon became
vigorous over the south coast.
According to Meteorological Department, Nellore
town received the heaviest rainfall of 17 cms, followed by
Kavali 10 cm, Venkatagiri town 9 cm and Tada 8 cm (all in
Nellore district), Sompeta (Srikakulam district), Gudur
(Nellore) and Srikalahasti (Chittoor district) 7 cm each.
Similarly, Sullurpet (Nellore district) received 6 cm,
Tirupathi, Atmakur, Rapur, Kandukur (Prakasam district) and
Satyavedu (Chittoor district) recorded 5 cm rainfall each in
the 24 hours ended 8.30 am today.
According to reports received here, several low-lying
localities in Nellore town were marooned in the rainwater.
The Department today issued a heavy rainfall warning
with isolated heavy to very heavy rain over coastal Andhra
Pradesh during the next 48 hours and forecast isolated heavy
rain over Rayalaseema region.
It further forecast light to moderate rain or
thundershowers at a few places over Telangana region till the
morning of November 1.
Rains also occurred in Hyderabad. The Department has
forecast rain of thundershowers in parts of the state capital
till the morning of November 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery