Helipads in Vizag Agency area for speedy movement of forces
Visakhapatnam: Six permanent helipads would be built in the Naxal-affected areas of Visakhapatnam Agency to facilitate quick movement of security forces, police said.
The helipads would be built at GK Veedhi, Sileru, Chintapalle, Koyyuru, G Madugula and Araku. These area shares border with Naxal-infested areas of Odisha.
District Superintendent of Police G Srinivas said at a press conference here that Union Home Ministry had sanctioned Rs 24 lakh under Special Infrastructure Scheme (SIS) to construct helipads, each costing Rs 4 lakh. It would help speedy movement of forces for anti-Naxal operations, he said.
He also said that though the ultra`s activities had decreased in the district, the operations to flush them out would continue.
In 2012, 16 cases related to naxals were registered, including the killing of Special Intelligence Branch constable Kuda Appanna at Paderu in April.
Additional police stations will be established at Chintapalle and GK Veedhi, which have a considerable naxal presence, at the cost of Rs two crore each. The stations would be fortified to withstand intense rapid gunfire, bomb attacks, etc, Srinivas said.
The Union Government has sanctioned Rs 8.83 crore for Security Related Expenditure and Special Infrastructure Scheme in Vizag district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?