Helipads in Vizag Agency area for speedy movement of forces
Visakhapatnam: Six permanent helipads would be built in the Naxal-affected areas of Visakhapatnam Agency to facilitate quick movement of security forces, police said.
The helipads would be built at GK Veedhi, Sileru, Chintapalle, Koyyuru, G Madugula and Araku. These area shares border with Naxal-infested areas of Odisha.
District Superintendent of Police G Srinivas said at a press conference here that Union Home Ministry had sanctioned Rs 24 lakh under Special Infrastructure Scheme (SIS) to construct helipads, each costing Rs 4 lakh. It would help speedy movement of forces for anti-Naxal operations, he said.
He also said that though the ultra`s activities had decreased in the district, the operations to flush them out would continue.
In 2012, 16 cases related to naxals were registered, including the killing of Special Intelligence Branch constable Kuda Appanna at Paderu in April.
Additional police stations will be established at Chintapalle and GK Veedhi, which have a considerable naxal presence, at the cost of Rs two crore each. The stations would be fortified to withstand intense rapid gunfire, bomb attacks, etc, Srinivas said.
The Union Government has sanctioned Rs 8.83 crore for Security Related Expenditure and Special Infrastructure Scheme in Vizag district.
- Capitation fee is illegal; profiteering, commercialisation of education sector unacceptable: Supreme Court
- English Premier League: Euphoria on streets of Leicester as outsiders seal historic maiden title
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- One trillion species on Earth and we know nothing
- US didn't trust Pakistan, so conducted Osama raid alone: Former CIA director Leon Panetta