Hepatitis treatment of Raju yet to begin
Hyderabad: The Hepatitis-C treatment of
former chairman of Satyam Computers B Ramalinga Raju, who is
in judicial custody is yet to start, as he is still suffering
from high fever.
"We could not start the Hepatic treatment for Raju, as he
is still down with fever, which needs to come down before we
begin the treatment," Dr Ajit Kumar, head of Gastroenterology
department, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), told
Dr Ajit Kumar, who appeared before a local court, had
recommended immediate in-patient treatment to Raju at least
initially for six to eight weeks, with constant health
monitoring, which he said was not possible on out-patient
The court on Saturday last, based on plea filed by Raju’s
wife, Nandini, had allowed him to undergo in-patient treatment
at NIMS. However, he was readmitted to the hospital on Friday
night itself following high fever.
Raju, the prime accused in the multi-crore accounting
scam in Satyam Computers, after a stay of nearly three months
at NIMS for treatment of cardiac problem, was sent back to
Chanchalguda prison on November 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video