Hepatitis treatment of Raju yet to begin
Hyderabad: The Hepatitis-C treatment of
former chairman of Satyam Computers B Ramalinga Raju, who is
in judicial custody is yet to start, as he is still suffering
from high fever.
"We could not start the Hepatic treatment for Raju, as he
is still down with fever, which needs to come down before we
begin the treatment," Dr Ajit Kumar, head of Gastroenterology
department, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), told
Dr Ajit Kumar, who appeared before a local court, had
recommended immediate in-patient treatment to Raju at least
initially for six to eight weeks, with constant health
monitoring, which he said was not possible on out-patient
The court on Saturday last, based on plea filed by Raju’s
wife, Nandini, had allowed him to undergo in-patient treatment
at NIMS. However, he was readmitted to the hospital on Friday
night itself following high fever.
Raju, the prime accused in the multi-crore accounting
scam in Satyam Computers, after a stay of nearly three months
at NIMS for treatment of cardiac problem, was sent back to
Chanchalguda prison on November 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?