Hindu leader gets bail in hate speech case
Hyderabad: A city court on Saturday granted bail to Hindu religious leader Swami Kamlananda Bharati in a hate speech case.
Nampally Criminal Court granted conditional bail to Bharati. He was directed to furnish two personal bonds and not leave Hyderabad without the court`s permission. The court also asked him to cooperate with police in the investigations.
Cases at three police stations in Hyderabad were lodged against Bharati for making a hate speech at a public rally here Jan 9.
The rally was organised by various Hindu groups to condemn Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader Akbaruddin Owaisi`s hate speech Dec 24 in Nirmal town of Adilabad in Andhra Pradesh.
Bharati, president of Hindu Devalaya Parirakshana Samithi, a committee fighting for protection of temples, was charged with promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion and acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony.
He was arrested Monday in Srisailam and brought to Hyderabad. He was sent to judicial custody for 14 days. Police questioned him for two days.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), which is probing the case, had Friday collected Swami`s voice samples and submitted it to the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015