Hindu militants trying to create communal tension in AP: Kiran
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N
Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday alleged "Hindu militants" were trying
to create communal tension in the city.
He announced the cases registered against Muslim youths
after the Mecca Masjid blast would be withdrawn and a
compensation package given for their rehabilitation.
Addressing a public meeting in the old city area this
afternoon, Reddy referred to the bomb blast in Mecca Masjid in
May 2007 and charged it was the handiwork of "Hindu
"Everyone thought that the Mecca Masjid bomb blast was
caused by Muslim terrorists but an inquiry by the Central
Bureau of Investigation established the involvement of Hindu
militants in the case," he said.
Reddy alleged the Hindu militants were trying to
create communal tension and disturb peace in the old city
"They have created communal clashes last year in the old
city but we have arrested the Hindu militants responsible for
the Mecca Masjid blast and sent them to jail," Kiran added.
This was the Chief Minister`s maiden visit to the old
city area, a citadel of the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen. The
MIM that has seven MLAs in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly holds
the key for the survival of Kiran Kumar Reddy government in
the event of a trial of strength in the House.
The Chief Minister promised ration cards, health
insurance cards and other benefits to Muslims "within one
He instructed Hyderabad district Collector Natarajan
Gulzar to complete the task in a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'