Historic day for Telangana, says TRS
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) has hailed the tabling of the Telangana bill in Parliament as a historic day for the people of the region.
TRS leader Harish Rao said with the tabling of the bill, the movement for separate Telangana state had almost achieved its goal.
Talking to reporters, he said Feb 13 would go down in history as “a golden day”. He said the movement revived by TRS founder K Chandrasekhara Rao 14 years ago had succeeded.
On Vijayawada MP L Rajagopal using pepper spray in the Lok Sabha, he said his action reflected the “oppressive” rule of Andhra over the people of Telangana for nearly six decades.
Harish Rao demanded that Rajagopal and TDP MP M Venugopal Reddy be suspended from parliament and they be barred from contesting elections in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi