Historic day for Telangana, says TRS
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) has hailed the tabling of the Telangana bill in Parliament as a historic day for the people of the region.
TRS leader Harish Rao said with the tabling of the bill, the movement for separate Telangana state had almost achieved its goal.
Talking to reporters, he said Feb 13 would go down in history as “a golden day”. He said the movement revived by TRS founder K Chandrasekhara Rao 14 years ago had succeeded.
On Vijayawada MP L Rajagopal using pepper spray in the Lok Sabha, he said his action reflected the “oppressive” rule of Andhra over the people of Telangana for nearly six decades.
Harish Rao demanded that Rajagopal and TDP MP M Venugopal Reddy be suspended from parliament and they be barred from contesting elections in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days