Historic day for Telangana, says TRS
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) has hailed the tabling of the Telangana bill in Parliament as a historic day for the people of the region.
TRS leader Harish Rao said with the tabling of the bill, the movement for separate Telangana state had almost achieved its goal.
Talking to reporters, he said Feb 13 would go down in history as “a golden day”. He said the movement revived by TRS founder K Chandrasekhara Rao 14 years ago had succeeded.
On Vijayawada MP L Rajagopal using pepper spray in the Lok Sabha, he said his action reflected the “oppressive” rule of Andhra over the people of Telangana for nearly six decades.
Harish Rao demanded that Rajagopal and TDP MP M Venugopal Reddy be suspended from parliament and they be barred from contesting elections in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam