Historic day for Telangana, says TRS
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) has hailed the tabling of the Telangana bill in Parliament as a historic day for the people of the region.
TRS leader Harish Rao said with the tabling of the bill, the movement for separate Telangana state had almost achieved its goal.
Talking to reporters, he said Feb 13 would go down in history as “a golden day”. He said the movement revived by TRS founder K Chandrasekhara Rao 14 years ago had succeeded.
On Vijayawada MP L Rajagopal using pepper spray in the Lok Sabha, he said his action reflected the “oppressive” rule of Andhra over the people of Telangana for nearly six decades.
Harish Rao demanded that Rajagopal and TDP MP M Venugopal Reddy be suspended from parliament and they be barred from contesting elections in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok