History-sheeter killed in encounter in AP
Karimnagar: A history-sheeter wanted in several criminal cases was killed in an encounter with police in the district in wee hours on Sunday, police said.
When police tried to nab history-sheeter Kattekola Sudheer (25), he opened fire at them near the municipality office in Godavarikhani town, about 75 km from here.
In retaliation, police also fired at him in which he was killed, Godavarikhani Deputy Superintendent of Police G Udaykumar Reddy said.
A country made revolver was seized from his possession.
He was wanted in three murder cases, a kidnapping incident and two cases of extortion, Reddy said.
His accomplices Neelapu Vamshi(22) and Dasari Prem Kumar (23), who were also party to crime in several cases, were arrested yesterday after cops got to know that they were hatching a conspiracy to attack the investigation police team in Karimnagar, Reddy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!