History-sheeter killed in encounter
Karimnagar (AP): A history-sheeter, wanted in several criminal cases, was killed in an encounter in the district in wee hours today, police said.
The incident took place when the police tried to nab history-sheeter Kattekola Sudheer (25) following which he opened fire at them near the municipality office in Godavarikhani town, about 75 km from here.
In retaliation, police also fired at him and he was killed, Godavarikhani Deputy Superintendent of Police G Udaykumar Reddy said, a country-made revolver was seized from his possession.
Sudheer was wanted in three murder cases, a kidnapping incident and two cases of extortion, Reddy said.
His accomplices in several cases, Neelapu Vamshi (22) and Dasari Prem Kumar (23), were arrested yesterday after the police got to know that they were hatching a conspiracy to attack the investigation police team in Karimnagar, Reddy added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics
- Heat wave in India: Useful tips and safety guidelines!
- Watch: Beautiful time-lapse video of a night flight from India to China!
- Kerala minister, Left candidate attacked with chair, stones during live TV debate
- Can you see the correct picture? Click to know