History-sheeter killed in encounter
Karimnagar (AP): A history-sheeter, wanted in several criminal cases, was killed in an encounter in the district in wee hours today, police said.
The incident took place when the police tried to nab history-sheeter Kattekola Sudheer (25) following which he opened fire at them near the municipality office in Godavarikhani town, about 75 km from here.
In retaliation, police also fired at him and he was killed, Godavarikhani Deputy Superintendent of Police G Udaykumar Reddy said, a country-made revolver was seized from his possession.
Sudheer was wanted in three murder cases, a kidnapping incident and two cases of extortion, Reddy said.
His accomplices in several cases, Neelapu Vamshi (22) and Dasari Prem Kumar (23), were arrested yesterday after the police got to know that they were hatching a conspiracy to attack the investigation police team in Karimnagar, Reddy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family