Hoax bomb call creates panic in Charminar
Hyderabad: Panic struck Charminar and surrounding areas here on Friday after an anonymous caller claimed that a bomb was placed on the historic monument, police said.
The call came around 2.15 pm following which security forces, with the help of bomb disposal squad, carried out extensive search at the Charminar and nearby areas but found nothing suspicious, they said.
"An anonymous person called the police control room but the call turned out to be a hoax. Later we allowed visitors," a senior police officer told PTI.
The call sent the police officials in a tizzy as the Old city, where the 400-year-old icon is located, has already seen communal tension last month over a temple row which abuts Charminar.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail