Hoax bomb call creates panic in Charminar
Hyderabad: Panic struck Charminar and surrounding areas here on Friday after an anonymous caller claimed that a bomb was placed on the historic monument, police said.
The call came around 2.15 pm following which security forces, with the help of bomb disposal squad, carried out extensive search at the Charminar and nearby areas but found nothing suspicious, they said.
"An anonymous person called the police control room but the call turned out to be a hoax. Later we allowed visitors," a senior police officer told PTI.
The call sent the police officials in a tizzy as the Old city, where the 400-year-old icon is located, has already seen communal tension last month over a temple row which abuts Charminar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured