Hooch tragedy in Vijayawada, four dead
Vijayawada: Four persons died and two were in a serious condition after consuming illicit liquor in old town area of the city this morning, police said.
All the affected persons had purchased liquor from the same outlet, Kothapet police said.
Soon after the victims consumed the spurious liquor, their condition deteriorated and they were rushed to hospital by their family members, where four of them succumbed.
This is the second hooch tragedy, after the one in Krishna district earlier this year in which 17 people had died, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says