Hooch tragedy in Vijayawada, four dead
Vijayawada: Four persons died and two were in a serious condition after consuming illicit liquor in old town area of the city this morning, police said.
All the affected persons had purchased liquor from the same outlet, Kothapet police said.
Soon after the victims consumed the spurious liquor, their condition deteriorated and they were rushed to hospital by their family members, where four of them succumbed.
This is the second hooch tragedy, after the one in Krishna district earlier this year in which 17 people had died, they added.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Twinkle Khanna’s words for ‘fitness freak’ hubby Akshay Kumar - It can’t get sweeter than this!
- Bihar govt's bizarre order: No cooking, yagna between 9 am and 6 pm to avoid fire
- Inhalation therapy, a key to win big against asthma
- HCL Tech Q3 net profit grows 14.4% to Rs 1,926 crore
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS): 10 things you must know!