Hope to see Telugu people unite one day: Kiran Reddy
Vijayawada: With Telangana set to become a reality in just over two months, Jai Samaikhyandhra Party founder and former Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday expressed the hope the Telugu people will unite one day.
"I hope the Telugu people will unite again one day," Reddy said even as he lashed out at political parties, which supported the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
He was speaking at a `meet-the-press` programme organised by Andhra Pradesh Union of Working Journalists here.
The former Congress leader said he has launched his party to unite the Telugu people and fight for their honour.
He blamed the Congress, BJP, TDP and YSR Congress for the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Most of the political parties in the "third front" were opposed to bifurcation of a state without the Assembly concerned passing a resolution to this effect, Kiran said.
Telangana Bill was passed in Parliament despite it being rejected by the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, he said.
The Jai Samaikhyandhra Party leader is on a two-day tour of Krishna district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar