Hope to see Telugu people unite one day: Kiran Reddy
Vijayawada: With Telangana set to become a reality in just over two months, Jai Samaikhyandhra Party founder and former Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday expressed the hope the Telugu people will unite one day.
"I hope the Telugu people will unite again one day," Reddy said even as he lashed out at political parties, which supported the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
He was speaking at a `meet-the-press` programme organised by Andhra Pradesh Union of Working Journalists here.
The former Congress leader said he has launched his party to unite the Telugu people and fight for their honour.
He blamed the Congress, BJP, TDP and YSR Congress for the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Most of the political parties in the "third front" were opposed to bifurcation of a state without the Assembly concerned passing a resolution to this effect, Kiran said.
Telangana Bill was passed in Parliament despite it being rejected by the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, he said.
The Jai Samaikhyandhra Party leader is on a two-day tour of Krishna district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'