Hope to see Telugu people unite one day: Kiran Reddy
Vijayawada: With Telangana set to become a reality in just over two months, Jai Samaikhyandhra Party founder and former Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday expressed the hope the Telugu people will unite one day.
"I hope the Telugu people will unite again one day," Reddy said even as he lashed out at political parties, which supported the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
He was speaking at a `meet-the-press` programme organised by Andhra Pradesh Union of Working Journalists here.
The former Congress leader said he has launched his party to unite the Telugu people and fight for their honour.
He blamed the Congress, BJP, TDP and YSR Congress for the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Most of the political parties in the "third front" were opposed to bifurcation of a state without the Assembly concerned passing a resolution to this effect, Kiran said.
Telangana Bill was passed in Parliament despite it being rejected by the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, he said.
The Jai Samaikhyandhra Party leader is on a two-day tour of Krishna district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM