Hopeful of Telangana state by next Shivratri: TRS
Karimnagar: TRS president K
Chandrasekhar Rao on Monday expressed hope that statehood for
Telangana region in Andhra Pradesh will be achieved by Maha
Shivratri festival next year.
Rao told reporters here that he was confident that people
of the region would celebrate next Maha Shivratri in separate
The TRS has already announced that it will intensify the
statehood agitation after the end of school exams next month.
The former Union Minister earlier paid a visit to Lord
Sri Raja Rajeshwara Swamy Temple at Vemulawada, about 30 km
from here, on the occasion of Shivratri.
Rao alleged temples in Telangana are being neglected by
the state government. After the formation of a separate state,
these temples would be renovated.
Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) Chairman M
Kodandaram and TRS leader T Harish Rao, among others,
accompanied the TRS chief.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!