Hotelier shot dead in Nagaland
Kohima: A hotelier was shot dead by unidentified gunmen inside his hotel at Purana Bazaar area in Dimapur district of Nagaland, police said today.
Santosh Chettri, proprietor and manager of a hotel, was shot twice on the chest after one of the two gunmen who came in a car walked to the counter and fired at him with a .22 pistol yesterday, SP Dimapur, V Z Angami said.
The assailants managed to flee from the spot while two empty cartridges were recovered from the spot.
A case has been registered at the East Police Station in Dimapur and further investigation is in progress to track down the culprits, Angami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke