Hotelier shot dead in Nagaland
Kohima: A hotelier was shot dead by unidentified gunmen inside his hotel at Purana Bazaar area in Dimapur district of Nagaland, police said today.
Santosh Chettri, proprietor and manager of a hotel, was shot twice on the chest after one of the two gunmen who came in a car walked to the counter and fired at him with a .22 pistol yesterday, SP Dimapur, V Z Angami said.
The assailants managed to flee from the spot while two empty cartridges were recovered from the spot.
A case has been registered at the East Police Station in Dimapur and further investigation is in progress to track down the culprits, Angami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past