Huge haul of explosives in Hyderabad, two held
Hyderabad: A huge quantity of explosives was seized here Sunday and two people transporting it arrested, police said.
Police said 1,300 gelatin sticks and 2,825 detonators were seized from a car which was intercepted at Nagarjuna Circle in the heart of the city.
M. Madhusudhan Reddy and G. Ramesh, residents of Nalgonda and Mahabubnagar districts, respectively, were arrested for illegal sale, transportation and possession of explosives.
Police said though Madhusudhan Reddy had obtained licence for purchase of explosives to blast rocks at the sites where he was working on contract basis, he was illegally selling the gelatin sticks and detonators. Ramesh was helping him in purchase and sale of explosives.
"The accused has violated his licence conditions and transported the huge quantity of explosive material endangering the lives and property of many people enroute. The slight impact/pressure or electrical impulse may cause a huge explosion on the road," a statement by police said.
Police were probing the supply of explosive material to various persons as there was possibility of explosives going into the hands of anti-social elements.
Police will also write to the chief controller of explosives, Nagapur to cancel Madhusudhan Reddy`s licence for violating the conditions of the licence.
As per the Explosive Substances Act, punishment for making or possessing or transporting explosive substances is punishable with a term which may extend to 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what