Huge haul of explosives in Hyderabad, two held
Hyderabad: A huge quantity of explosives was seized here Sunday and two people transporting it arrested, police said.
Police said 1,300 gelatin sticks and 2,825 detonators were seized from a car which was intercepted at Nagarjuna Circle in the heart of the city.
M. Madhusudhan Reddy and G. Ramesh, residents of Nalgonda and Mahabubnagar districts, respectively, were arrested for illegal sale, transportation and possession of explosives.
Police said though Madhusudhan Reddy had obtained licence for purchase of explosives to blast rocks at the sites where he was working on contract basis, he was illegally selling the gelatin sticks and detonators. Ramesh was helping him in purchase and sale of explosives.
"The accused has violated his licence conditions and transported the huge quantity of explosive material endangering the lives and property of many people enroute. The slight impact/pressure or electrical impulse may cause a huge explosion on the road," a statement by police said.
Police were probing the supply of explosive material to various persons as there was possibility of explosives going into the hands of anti-social elements.
Police will also write to the chief controller of explosives, Nagapur to cancel Madhusudhan Reddy`s licence for violating the conditions of the licence.
As per the Explosive Substances Act, punishment for making or possessing or transporting explosive substances is punishable with a term which may extend to 14 years.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today