Huge quantity of explosives seized in AP
Kadapa (AP): Two persons were held after a huge cache of explosives was seized from their van near Rajampeta mandal of Kadapa district on Thursday, police said here.
About 2,000 gelatin sticks, 1,250 kg ammonium nitrate packed in 25 bags and 3,000 metre of fuse wire were seized from a van going from Kondapur to Chittoor during a routine checking exercise, Rajampeta rural police inspector Venkateswarlu said.
There were two persons in the van at the time of seizure who have been taken into custody, he said.
Further investigation was on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'