Huge quantity of explosives seized in AP
Kadapa (AP): Two persons were held after a huge cache of explosives was seized from their van near Rajampeta mandal of Kadapa district on Thursday, police said here.
About 2,000 gelatin sticks, 1,250 kg ammonium nitrate packed in 25 bags and 3,000 metre of fuse wire were seized from a van going from Kondapur to Chittoor during a routine checking exercise, Rajampeta rural police inspector Venkateswarlu said.
There were two persons in the van at the time of seizure who have been taken into custody, he said.
Further investigation was on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued