Huge quantity of explosives seized in AP
Kadapa (AP): Two persons were held after a huge cache of explosives was seized from their van near Rajampeta mandal of Kadapa district on Thursday, police said here.
About 2,000 gelatin sticks, 1,250 kg ammonium nitrate packed in 25 bags and 3,000 metre of fuse wire were seized from a van going from Kondapur to Chittoor during a routine checking exercise, Rajampeta rural police inspector Venkateswarlu said.
There were two persons in the van at the time of seizure who have been taken into custody, he said.
Further investigation was on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II