Huge quantity of explosives seized in AP
Kadapa (AP): Two persons were held after a huge cache of explosives was seized from their van near Rajampeta mandal of Kadapa district on Thursday, police said here.
About 2,000 gelatin sticks, 1,250 kg ammonium nitrate packed in 25 bags and 3,000 metre of fuse wire were seized from a van going from Kondapur to Chittoor during a routine checking exercise, Rajampeta rural police inspector Venkateswarlu said.
There were two persons in the van at the time of seizure who have been taken into custody, he said.
Further investigation was on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'