Huge quantity of explosives seized in AP
Kadapa (AP): Two persons were held after a huge cache of explosives was seized from their van near Rajampeta mandal of Kadapa district on Thursday, police said here.
About 2,000 gelatin sticks, 1,250 kg ammonium nitrate packed in 25 bags and 3,000 metre of fuse wire were seized from a van going from Kondapur to Chittoor during a routine checking exercise, Rajampeta rural police inspector Venkateswarlu said.
There were two persons in the van at the time of seizure who have been taken into custody, he said.
Further investigation was on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured