Huge salary hike, laptops, iPads, phones for Andhra legislators
Hyderabad: Andhra legislators never had it so good - apart from a huge jump in their salaries and perks, each one has been gifted a wide range of electronic goods from laptops to mobile phones.
It was a bonanza for each of the 294 members of the Assembly and 90 members of the Legislative Council. On the last day of the Budget Session, the Legislature passed a bill hiking their salaries and allowances by about 150 percent.
The basic monthly pay has gone up from Rs 5,000 to Rs 12,000 while allowances have been increased from Rs 36,800 to Rs 83,000. After this hike, each legislator will get up to Rs 95,000 per month.
In addition, every member will get railway coupons worth Rs 70,000.
Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC), Road Transport Corporation (RTC), Housing Corporation and Girijan Cooperatives will also present special gift vouchers to the legislators.
This is not all. Every member of Assembly will get a laptop, printer, scanner, iPad and Samsung Galaxy mobile phone.
The pension of former legislators and legislative councillors has also been increased to Rs 15,000. This will be Rs 20,000 for legislators who served two terms and Rs 25,000 for three terms.
The salaries and allowances were hiked on the basis of recommendation of the amenities committee of the legislature. The panel recommended the hike in view of the increased cost of living. The last hike was six years ago.
The members wanted a three-fold increase in their salaries and allowances but Deputy Speaker Nadendla Manohar advised them not to seek an unreasonable hike. He pointed out to them that nowhere in the country were the legislators receiving a monthly pay of Rs 100,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'